The Philippine Law Journal was organized in 1914 by the first dean of the U.P. College of Law and at that time, it was the only English legal publication in the Orient. It is a student-run publication devoted to the promotion of legal research and the advancement of legal knowledge. It is edited by a student editorial board composed of select members of the sophomore, junior and senior classes of the U.P. College of Law.