Humanities Diliman is an open-access, peer-reviewed journal for the humanities. Published semi-annually and indexed in Scopus and ASEAN Citation Index (ACI), it is bilingual and both disciplinal and multi-disciplinary. Humanities Diliman promotes scholarship in the arts and humanities in the Philippines, as well as international synergies, especially with scholars of Southeast Asian studies. Original articles and reviews are welcome.
Information for Authors
1. Articles must have a high degree of scholarship. They will be screened by the editorial board and undergo double-anonymized review.
2. Submissions may be written in English or Filipino. All articles written in either language must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 200 words and five keywords written in English. The approximate word count for articles is 5,000 to 12,000 words.
3. Reviews of books, exhibits, websites, films, fora, and other significant events are also accepted.
4. Humanities Diliman receives submissions through ScholarOne Manuscripts. To submit your work, create an account at https://mc04.manuscriptcentral.com/hd.
5. Authors must submit electronically prepared manuscripts that are double-spaced, with 1" margins on all sides. Instructions for uploading submissions are available in the ScholarOne Author Dashboard (see Step 2: File Upload). Manuscripts should be prepared for double-anonymized peer review. Upload a manuscript file with no identifying author information (designate as Main Document). Include all figures, tables, and figure/table captions in this document. Make sure that there is no identifying author information in the captions. Upload a separate title page (designate as Title Page) with author details. Please also submit a bio note of 2-3 sentences per author (designate as Bio Note). The following file types for these documents are accepted: rtf, doc, docx.
Figures may be uploaded as individual files (designate as Figure). These should be anonymized and have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Acknowledgments may also be submitted in a separate document (designate as Acknowledgments).
6. Humanities Diliman follows MLA style (9th edition, 2021). Notes should be formatted as endnotes. The list of works cited should appear at the end of the article. Non-English sources must be accompanied by English translations.
Articles in Filipino which translate quoted materials in English must provide the original text. An abstract of the article in English must also be provided.
7. It is the author’s responsibility to secure permission for the use of copyrighted materials, e.g., photographs, full texts of poems.
8. Questions regarding submissions should be sent to email@example.com.