Interested in submitting to this journal? Email your manuscripts to email@example.com.
- FORMAT AND PROCEDURES Interested authors are requested to prepare papers and essays with a maximum of 7000 words (excluding captions of tables, images or figures). The following are unacceptable for publishing: simultaneous submissions to other journals, previously published work, or work which is substantially similar to previous published work. Contact the Editorial Staff of MUHON (through email or visit to the Research Office of the UP College of Architecture) for any query regarding this requirement.
- A submitted paper for possible publication will undergo double blind review process by international experts in the related topic or field of study. The template for the paper format can be downloaded from the UP College of Architecture website (http://upca.upd.edu.ph/). The Call for Papers is open all throughout the year. Authors may submit their abstracts and full papers or manuscripts (Word file) to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the accomplished and signed Copyright Agreement Form.
- REVIEW PROCESS Initial screening of papers is done by the members of the Editorial Board. After the first revision, the manuscripts are then subjected to a double blind peer review, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from each other throughout the entire process.
- Reviewers from various local and international academic institutions are invited to be part of the Pool of International Reviewers of MUHON. All of the invited referees are experts in their respective fields of specialization. Papers are assigned to them for review according to their expertise and are given enough time to evaluate the manuscripts if they are publishable or need revisions.
- Authors shall be notified of the comments of the reviewers on their manuscripts, as well as confirmation by the reviewers that the papers are deemed publishable to the journal.
- REFERENCES AND WORKS CITED Prepare a bibliography to contain key references for the article, plus the author's judgment of the most important reference sources on the topic. Follow the format of the American Psychological Association (APA), which emphasize on the date a work was created. Book citations in APA generally require author's name, publication year or last edited date, work title, publication city, and publisher. Arranged the references alphabetically (based on main author’s surname or title of literature for references without author indicated).
- TERMS OF PUBLICATION Upon acceptance of the Title and Abstract, the authors must be committed to abide by the schedule provided by the MUHON Editorial Board. Also, the contributors shall be responsible for submitting pictures or images with a resolution of at least 300 dpi, clearly labeled (with required photo credits). Obtain permission, pay royalty fees, etc., as may be required for the reproduction of illustrations taken from other sources.
- The contributor, in turn, waives any royalties for the publication of his/her article, as the UP College of Architecture (UPCA) is a non-profit organization. The copyright for the published work belongs to UPCA and its selected publisher (if any). Once submitted to the journal, the contributor is responsible in ensuring that the article will not appear in other publications.
- The contributor guarantees that: 1) the article does not infringe on the copyright or any proprietary right of any other person; 2) the article contains no libelous or other unlawful matter; and 3) the article makes no improper invasion of the privacy of any other person.